Me

Me

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Life, Rain and laughter

Sometimes your life is hard. I know mine gets that way. My husband is working away from home, for three weeks at a time. I know for many people, this is nothing; however, for me, it's heart wrenching. The last time I was away from Hubby like this was when we first got married and he was deployed with the military, thus making this road in life hard. Like other married couples, my Hubby is my best friend. I can talk to him about anything. Our relationship is VERY open in conversation. If I have a problem with something, I go to him. If he's got a problem, he comes to me. It feels great knowing the man I care so much for is my best friend. We are able to talk ever night and have been making more and more plans for our future together. We've been married for 8 and a half years now.

Today is a BEAUTIFUL rainy day. Is it just me or are the sounds of rain hitting the roof absolutely soothing? I'm a Nature person, I love the sound of a rushing river, rain falling on a lake, owls and birds chirping away, squirrels chitting in the trees... Simply a calming atmosphere. I also enjoy the sounds of my kids playing; their laughter echoing through the house. A child's laughter is the most incredible sound I've ever heard. Children have such a sense on this world, they see things for what they are, and know what true beauty is. Laughter, however, can lighten any mood, can make you feel as if you belong, and can heal your soul. Laughter is also good for your body. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie Patch Adams: “Remember laughing? Laughter enhances the blood flow to the body’s extremities and improves cardiovascular function. Laughter releases endorphins and other natural mood elevating and pain-killing chemicals, improves the transfer of oxygen and nutrients to internal organs.
Laughter boosts the immune system and helps the body fight off disease, cancer cells as well as viral, bacterial and other infections. Being happy is the best cure of all diseases!”

Don't forget to laugh today, no matter if it's at yourself, or with a friend.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your blog! Looking forward to more Shel! Share it with OWOF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Shel! I really need that right now, it's so easy to get frustrated, and that doesn't help anything. It just makes me feel worse in fact. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling, I try to remember the little things in life, those that are over-looked.

    ReplyDelete